Symbolic links really shine when it comes to a dual boot system. This is especially so in the case of linking your /home/Music folder in Ubuntu, to your Windows iTunes folder. Doing this means only one folder needs to be maintained and any music program you installed on Ubuntu will load your Windows music library.
To do this you will need to have your Windows partition mounted. Next open up terminal and do the following.
> cd /home
> rm -r Music
> ln -s /media/WINDOWSDRIVENAME/Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Music/ Music
Now when you install Songbird or open Rhythmbox, you will have instant access to your main music library.
Incoming search terms:
- create music symbolic link ubuntu
- ubuntu sym link
- ubuntu music add folder
- ubuntu itunes folder
- ubuntu dualboot link musique
- link ubuntu music folder to windows
- how to mount windows hdd ubuntu
- how to link music folder windows ubuntu
- create symlink music folder ubuntu
- windows 7 music library on ubuntu