* Wide spectrum of graphics. At this moment (MathGL v.1.9) more than 55 general types of graphics are supported.
* There are smoothed lightning, transparency, TeX symbols and formulas, arbitrary curvelinear coordinates and a lot of other things (see MathGL features).
* Simple and fast data and formulas plotting:
o You can plot the data by one click (just type ‘udav datafile.dat' or open it in UDAV)
o You can see the script and graphical result at the same time.
o You can rotate, shift, zoom plot by toolbuttons or by mouse.
o You can switch on/off lightning and transparency.
o You can run animation.
* Table for data editing support up to 3-dimensional data arrays.
* Minimal set of tools for data handling (smoothing, resizing, cropping, filling by formula, summation, differentiation, histogram creation and so on).
* Export graphics to bitmap (PNG, JPEG or EPS) and vector (EPS or SVG) files.
Install UDAV in ubuntu
If you are running ubuntu lucid open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install udav
For other ubuntu version users
Install downloaded .deb file using the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i filename
Incoming search terms:
- mathgl tutorial
- mathgl ubuntu
- installing mathgl ubuntu
- mathgl gui
- mathgl install ubuntu
- ubuntu data visualization
- ubuntu udav
- ubuntu tools for data visualization