This Tutorial provides instructions and notes on upgrading Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) server to Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex), released on the 30th of October 2008.
- Make sure you have complete backup of your server
Procedure to follow
Install update-manager-core if it is not already installed using the following command
sudo aptitude install update-manager-core
sudo vi /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades
Launch the upgrade tool using the following command
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu server 8 04 upgrade
- upgrade ubuntu server 8 04 to 9 1
- updating ubuntu 8 04 server
- how to update ubuntu 8 04