Backup your data Before upgrading we would recommend you create a backup of your current userdata folder which contains all your current settings and database files. In the unlikely case that something went wrong during your upgrade, a backup will ensure that you are still able to go back to the previous state. Where the userdata folder is located on your system can be found on our userdata wiki page. Do note that when first upgrading from Frodo 12.x it may take some time until you see the familiar homescreen as several internal upgrades need to be performed.
Add-ons As mentioned in previous blog posts, due to changes related to our add-on system and skin improvement, certain plugins, scripts and skins may become incompatible when upgrading from Frodo to Gotham. Sadly this is part of the continuing process of development and improvement. We hope the impact of these changes will be limited but we feel a warning would be beneficial. If there are any addons you particularly depend on, we advise that you visit the forum thread of that add-on to see if the author has ensured support in XBMC 13.
After you have updated from Frodo or any earlier alpha or beta it may be beneficial to force refresh the XBMC.org repository. This will ensure the most recent repository list is loaded and needed updates become available
What is new in version 13.1
This 13.1 release contains the fixes compared to previous 13.0
* Fix resume point of certain PVR items begin stale on playback.
* Fix weirdness when certain TVs query XBMC’s UPnP server and it
starts running a bunch of add-ons which cause popups on the XBMC
* Fix crash at exit while airplay is playing
* Better recovery of VDPAU on errors.
* Fixes for cropping of interlaced content using VDPAU.
* Fix for FLAC tracks with large embedded images not playing.
* Fix for crash if librtmp wasn’t available.
* Fix for ffmpeg building on linux using later versions of librtmp.
* Fix for broken m4a, mp4 playback with paplayer.
* Fix for the hint text not being shown in editcontrols once unfocused.
* Fix minor memory leak in PlayMedia builtin function.
* Fix albumartist use in song smartplaylists.
* Use unique client broadcast UID in the PVR api.
Install XBMC in ubuntu 14.04/13.10
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
Incoming search terms:
- xbmc 13 1
- www ubuntv ppa
- instller xbmc 13 1
- xbmcbuntu update
- upgrade xbmcbuntu
- how to update xbmcbuntu
- update xbmcbuntu
- xbmcbuntu 13 1
- how to geek updating xbmc from frodo to gotham android
- xbmc 13 1 installer