Ailurus can help you study Linux skills, install some nice applications and change GNOME settings.
Recently Ailurus 10.02 is released. The improvement between version 10.01.5 and version 10.02 is:
* Randomly display a Linux skill after we log in to Ubuntu.
* Items in "Install/Remove" pane are categorized into four groups.
* Do not remove indispensable packages if we try to remove some "tasksel package suite".
* "Find fastest repository" pane is improved. We can adopt a repository directly now, or search repositories in certain countries, or filter repositories by country name.
* Add one mirror for Netbeans.
* Add one mirror for GnomeArtNG Karmic version.
* Add more third-party repositories.
* Fixed typo in Rednotebook repository.
* Add some nice applications.
Ailurus can be installed by these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ailurus
If you are using Ubuntu/KUbuntu 8.04~9.04, you can install Ailurus according to the instruction on https://launchpad.net/~ailurus/+archive/ppa .