- ffmpeg is a command line tool to convert one video file format to another. It also supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver is an HTTP (RTSP is being developped) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts. Time shifting of live broadcast is also supported.
- ffplay is a simple media player based on SDL and on the FFmpeg libraries.
- libavcodec is a library containing all the FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders. Most codecs were developped from scratch to ensure best performances and high code reusability.
- libavformat is a library containing parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats.
Install ffmpeg Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
convert .flv to .mpg using ffmpeg
First you need to download your .flv file to a folder and you need to Open a terminal window and go in to the .flv file folder and type the following command
ffmpeg -i jokes.flv -ab 56 -ar 22050 -b 500 -s 320×240 jokes.mpg
jokes.flv is the file you want to convert, so the name must be the same as the source file.You can name jokes.mpg whatever you want as long as it has the .mpg extension.
-b bitrate: set the video bitrate in kbit/s (default = 200 kb/s)
-ab bitrate: set the audio bitrate in kbit/s (default = 64)
-ar sample rate: set the audio samplerate in Hz (default = 44100 Hz)
-s size: set frame size. The format is WxH (default 160×128 )
Incoming search terms:
- ffmpeg flv to mpeg
- ffmpeg convert flv
- linux flv converter
- flv converter ubuntu
- flv converter linux
- linux convert flv
- convert flv to avi ubuntu
- ubuntu flv converter
- convert flv linux