FBReader – e-book reader for Linux desktops
* Linux desktop.
* Windows XP/Vista computer.
* FreeBSD computer.
* Various linux-based mobile devices:
o Sharp Zaurus with Qtopia-based ROMs, pdaXrom or OpenZaurus ROM.
o Archos PMA430.
o Siemens Simpad with Opensimpad 0.9.0/Opie ROM.
o Nokia 770/N800/N810 Internet Tablets (maemo).
o PepperPad 3 handheld web computer.
o Motorola A1200 smartphone.
o Motorola E680i/A780 smartphones. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
o IRex iLiad. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
FBReader is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
* Supported e-book formats are
o ePub, an international e-publishing standard.
o fb2, a Russian e-books standard de facto.
o plucker, one of the most popular Palm e-book format.
o Non-DRM'd version of Mobipocket, a popular commercial e-book format.
o More formats.
* Direct reading from tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives. (Multiple books in one archive are supported.)
* Automatic library building.
* Automatic language and character encoding detection is supported.
* Automatically generated contents table.
* Embedded images support.
* Footnotes/hyperlinks support.
* Position indicator.
* Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs.
* List of last opened books.
* Automatic hyphenations. Liang's algorithm is used. The same algorithm is used in TeX, and TeX hyphenation patterns are used in FBReader. Patterns for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian are included in the current version.
* Text search.
* Full-screen mode.
* Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
Install FBReader in ubuntu
First you need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list file
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following lines
deb http://www.fbreader.org/desktop/debian stable main
deb-src http://www.fbreader.org/desktop/debian stable main
Save and exit
Install gpg key
sudo apt-key add geometer.fbreader.org.asc
Update source list
sudo apt-get update
First install one of the following packages
sudo apt-get install libzlui-qt (or sudo apt-get install libzlui-qt4)
Now install fbreader
sudo apt-get install fbreader