Install glances on ubuntu
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo apt-get install python-pip build-essential python-dev
sudo pip install Glances
sudo pip install PySensors
After installation you can start glances using the following command from your terminal
By default, stats are refreshed every second, to change this setting, you can
use the -t option. For example to set the refresh rate to 5 seconds:
$ glances -t 5
Importants stats are colored:
* GREEN: stat counter is "OK"
* BLUE: stat counter is "CAREFUL"
* MAGENTA: stat counter is "WARNING"
* RED: stat counter is "CRITICAL"
When Glances is running, you can press:
* ‘a' to set the automatic mode. The processes are sorted automatically
IF CPU IoWait > 60% sort by process "IO read and write"
If CPU > 70%, sort by process "CPU consumption"
If MEM > 70%, sort by process "memory size"
* ‘b' switch between bit/s or byte/s for network IO
* ‘c' sort the processes list by CPU consumption
* ‘d' disable or enable the disk IO stats
* ‘e' enable the sensors module (PySensors library is needed; Linux-only)
* ‘f' disable or enable the file system stats
* ‘h' to display a help message with the keys you can press and the limits
* ‘i' sort the processes list by IO rate (need root account on some OS)
* ‘l' disable or enable the logs
* ‘m' sort the processes list by process MEM
* ‘n' disable or enable the network interfaces stats
* ‘p' sort by process name
* ‘s' disable or enable the sensor stats (only available with -e tag)
* ‘w' delete finished warning logs messages
* ‘x' delete finished warning and critical logs messages
* ‘1' switch between global CPU and per core stats
* ‘q' Exit
Incoming search terms:
- CRITICAL: Curses module not found Glances cannot start in standalone mode
- Curses module not found
- Curses module not found Glances cannot start in standalone mode
- Bottle module not found Glances cannot start in web server mode
- glances ncurses
- ubuntu cli on
- linux glances
- linux curses monitor
- glances WARNING CRITICAL logs
- glances sensor stats