* GTK-2 GUI with standard mouse interactions.
* GNOME mime types (MIME-Type management under development).
* FTP using GnomeVFS ftp module.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu with the usual file operations to run, open, open with.., delete or rename files and folders, and also to set properties like ownership and permissions.
* Mouse context menu that easily can be extended by entries calling any kind of external application like viewers, editors or custom scripts to work on selected files or directories.
* Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and unmounting ("no-mount" option for just quick access to folders or otherwise automounted devices).
* Latest accessed folder history.
* Folder bookmarks.
* Plugin support under development.
* Fast file viewer for text, images and image meta data (Exif and IPTC).
* Tools for searching, quick file name search in current dir, symlinking, comparing directories. ...
* A tool for advanced renaming of files supporting various types of meta-data.
* Integrated command line.
Install GNOME Commander in Ubuntu
sudo apt-get install gnome-commander
Incoming search terms:
- gnome commander ubuntu
- ubuntu commander
- gnome commander
- commander ubuntu
- ubuntu gnome commander
- install gnome commander
- gnome commander install ubuntu
- gnome commander ubuntu install
- install gnome commander ubuntu
- gnome file manager