If you want to disable CTFL-ALT-DEL from shutting down your server use the following procedure.
To disable the reboot action taken by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key combination, comment out the following line in the file /etc/event.d/control-alt-delete.
sudo vi /etc/event.d/control-alt-delete
Change the following line
exec /sbin/shutdown -r now "Control-Alt-Delete pressed"
#exec /sbin/shutdown -r now "Control-Alt-Delete pressed"
Save and exit the file
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu disable ctrl alt del
- disable ctrl alt del ubuntu
- ubuntu disable ctrl-alt-del
- disable control alt delete ubuntu
- disable ctrl alt del in ubuntu 12 04
- disable control alt del ubuntu
- ubuntu contrl alt f1
- ubuntu ctrl alt del
- ubuntu Ctrl-Alt-del
- 12 04 Control-Alt-Delete rebooted