What is new in openshot 1.3.0
* Improved stability, performance, and usability
* New user interface theme (titled ‘Fresh')
* Stock icons support
* Add multiple clips to the timeline in one step (including transitions or fades)
* More timeline animations & smoother play-head motion
* Many new exciting 3D animations (including Snow, Lens Flare, Particle Effects, Animated World Maps)
* Files, transitions, and effects filtering (toggle buttons and search bar)
* Improved video rotation (including 1 click rotation)
* Automatic detection of image sequences
* Smoother scaling (panning, zooming, and rotation)
* Transition snapping and improved direction detection
* Video upload to YouTube and Vimeo
Install openshot 1.3.0 in Ubuntu
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc
* The 3D animation now requires Blender 2.56 (or greater)
* The new theme, Fresh, is now the default theme. However, if you are upgrading, you will need to change the theme in the preferences (if desired), because it will continue to use your previous theme.
* The frei0r-plugins package is not required to use OpenShot, but if you install it, it will add many additional effects. This package should be available in your favorite package manager or software center.
* Many distros do not include all video and audio codecs. If you want to install them all, you need to install the libavformat-extra-52 package (or equivalent). This package should be available in your favorite package manager or software center.