Uget – Free and Open Source download manager
- Free (as in freedom , also free of charge ) and Open Source .
- Simple , easy-to-use and lightweight .
- Support resume download , so if your connection lost you don’t need to start from first .
- Classify downloads , and every category has independent configuration and queue .
- Queue download .
- Integrate with Firefox through Flashgot plugin .
- Monitoring clipboard .
- Import downloads from HTML file .
- Batch download , you can download many files has same arrange , like file_1 file_2 …. file_20 , you don’t need to add all links , just one link and changeable character .
- Can be used from command line .
Install uget in Ubuntu
First download getdeb package from here .
Install this package by double clicking or run the following command from terminal
sudo dpkg -i getdeb-repository_0.1-1~getdeb1_all.deb
Or configure the repository manually:
Go to System-Administration-Software Sources, Third-Party Software tab, Add:
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu karmic-getdeb apps
Add the repository GPG key, open a terminal window and type:
#wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add --
Click the "Install this now" button below the screenshot of the desired application.