In ubuntu 9.10(karmic) US Robotics dial up modem not detecting when you use wvdial Gnome-ppp says "can't open modem"
$ sudo wvdial
[sudo] password for john:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
--> Sending: ATQ0
--> Re-Sending: ATZ
--> Modem not responding.
Currently we have bug files agenst this problem Ubuntu bug #469881
The workaround for the above problem is removing the modemmanager package from your system using the following command
sudo apt-get remove modemmanager
You can restart your system after uninstalling the above package?
One of our reader (John) send this tip and thank you very much for this
Incoming search terms:
- modem us not working
- dial up ubuntu 12 gnome ppp us robotics
- external serial gprs modem not working ubuntu
- ATZ modem not responding
- using us robotics in ubuntu
- us robotics serial modem not responding linux or ubuntu
- us robotics modem not detected
- us robotics dial up modem
- ubuntu us robotics
- sudo wvdial Modem is not responding