Note: this installer also includes libdvdcss (required to play most commercial DVDs) .This script only works on Ubuntu 8.10
Script includes the following programs
- Adobe Flash player
- Java Runtime Environment
- Various additional multimedia codecs (including MP3)
- Support for playing DVD-movies (codecs + CSS decrypter)
- Microsoft TrueType core fonts
Download Ubuntu restricted extras offline installer
For Ubuntu 8.10 users Download this script from here
For Ubuntu 9.04 Users Download this script from here
For Ubuntu 9.10 Users Download this script from here
- Download and unpack/extract
- Double-click the file "install.sh" on folder "offline-installer"
- Select "run in terminal"
- Enter your password if the installer asks you
- Acept Java license when that appears
- When program finishes, close the window and remove the folder "offline-installer"
Install VLC Media player offline in Ubuntu 8.10/9.04/9.10
First you need to download VLC offline installer from here
INstall instructions same as above
Thanks to Hackt0live.org for this script.
Download VLC Offline installer for Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) Users from here
Incoming search terms:
- How to install vlc in ubuntu 12 04 offline
- vlc offline installer
- ubuntu restricted extras offline installer 12 04
- codec vlc ubuntu
- vlc for ubuntu offline
- how to install vlc in ubuntu 9 04
- vlc offline installer for ubuntu 12 10
- install multimedia
- ubuntu 9 10 flash player
- vlc codec pack ubuntu