First you need to download 180.08 (BETA) for Linux x86/x86-64 from here
- Download the file you need for your architecture. It's NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.08-pkg1.run for x86.
- Close all applications and save everything.
- Press CTRL+ALT+F1.
- Log in. Then run "sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop" to kill you XWindows session.
- Go into the directory where you put the driver and run
- "sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.08-pkg1.run" or the relevant command if you downloaded the 64-bit version.
- It will try to download a module, then ultimately recompile a new one.
- To get XWindows running again you log back into XWindows using the following command
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start
- When you log back into XWindows, the new driver should be active and the window drawing problem gone.
Hopefully NVIDIA will release a finished driver that will find its way into the repos soon.
If you want to go back to you old driver, you can do it using System / Administration / Hardware Drivers. It will still display the old one active in there, just swap to a different one, activate it, then swap back.
Credit Goes here