- Be sure that you have all updates applied to Ubuntu 9.04 before you upgrade.
- Take a complete backup of your ubuntu system
Procedure to upgrade ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic) Desktop
You can easily upgrade over the network with the following procedure.
1. Start System/Administration/Update Manager
2. Click the Check button to check for new updates.
3. If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
4. A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
5. Click Upgrade.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
For more detailed upgrade instructions check this
Procedure to upgrade ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic) Server
1.Install update-manager-core if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2.Launch the upgrade tool:
3.Follow the on-screen instructions.
Incoming search terms:
- unable to update ubuntu 9 04 to 9 10
- how to upgrade from ubuntu 9 04 to 9 10
- upgrade to 9 04 to 9 10
- update jaunty to karmic
- unable to upgrade ubuntu 9 04
- unable to update ubuntu 9 04 jaunty
- ubuntu upgrade jauntu to karmic
- ubuntu server upgrade from karmic to newesst
- ubuntu actualizar 9 04
- Ubuntu 9 upgrade instructions